Thank You Notes
People come into Merrymaker all the time and tell me that people don’t write thank you notes anymore. They do, of course, but others don’t. We see couples ordering personalized stationery along with their wedding invitations in anticipation of the many thank you notes they will want to write, young college graduates ordering their first ‘grown-up’ stationery to keep in touch with professional contacts after interviews, and folks of all stripes looking for that perfect thank you card for their own secret purposes. If you don’t think you have a reason to write any thank you notes, consider these:
Ten Reasons to Write a Thank You Note
- Somebody did something really nice for you.
- You interviewed for a job and you want to get your name in front of them again.
- You got married, and you want to show off your new monogram.
- So you can use that fabulous letterpress stationery you treated yourself to.
- Because focusing on what you’re grateful for is good for your health.
- It’s a chance to practice your penmanship.
- To make someone smile.
- It increases your chances of getting more presents in the future.
- To set a good example for your kids.
- To make your mother proud.